Sunday, October 3, 2010

Recipe: Pumpkin Smoothie, and Perfect Day*

Morning blogsters!

My apologies for the lack of post yesterday: I was just busy having the
most perfect day ever.

I was inspired by a recent post,
"What's your perfect day?" from Betsy's Beauty Blog that got me to thinking about what my perfect day would be.

Fall day. Sunny, smelling like leaves. Good, sweaty outdoor workout. After, I'd grab my favorite friend and go to a couple shops (I like my shopping in tad bits here and there...not a mall kinda person). After, we'd get something steamy from Starbucks and head to Trader Joe's to see what kind of crazy snacks we could find. Throw in a night full of trashy TV and catching up, and you've got yourself a perfect day.

I got my wish

My day went exactly as planned, except with a
few surprises:
  • Since the country road I run on was so windy, I turned in to run around a field. I noticed a couple of signs halfway down one of the straights, and discovered that the outside of the field was marked like a running track! There was one wooden sign that said "2 laps=1 mile," and another that said "Keep going, you can do it!" Keep in mind that I literally live in the middle of nowhere. SO COOL
  • Barnes and Noble, and Food Revolution by John Robbins! New books make me happy enough. Reading new books in my NEW GLASSES makes me positively skippy
  • Ann Taylor Loft was having a humongo sale. Damage was done.
  • Starbucks's Pumpkin Spice Latte is out! Not gluten free, so I rolled with my ush, but my friend got it and let me borrow some of the amazing smells it was packin'
  • Starbucks has invented COFFEE SWEATERS. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to drop that ten bucks. I did not.
  • I practiced impeccable self control at TJ's, where the nice checkout man proceeded to offer ten-ish wrong facts about the benefits of peanut butter vs. almond butter to my friend. Times like this, I'm tempted to whip out the "Nuh uh!" card, but...I smiled, said "really," and earned my gold star for the day.
  • Said gold star was revoked for posting above bullet point.
  • Vegetarian bowl from Chipotle for dinner, at which I was not charged extra for guac. Nobody could have seen that awesomeness coming.

I woke up this morning pining after something pumpkiney (word? negative.) I've been wanting to try pumpkin in a smoothie, so I whipped one up:

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie: (gluten free)
pumpkin puree
almond milk
1 banana
cinnamon, nutmeg
ice cubes

Threw in a handful of almonds for protein and called it a breakfast. It was pretty delish. If you're a "texture person," this might not be for you. The pumpkin puree definitely added an..."earthy" texture to the smoothie. For us pumpkin lovers, though, it hit the spot.

So there you have it...Perfect Day :)
When was the last time you had a perfect day? What did you do?

*Note: If you noticed this post lacks intellect, you're right. I've been avoiding active brain activity this weekend. Intellectual Bee will return tomorrow.

Peace, Love, and Veggies,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment