Sunday, September 26, 2010

Signing In

Hello! I am Brittany Louise, or, for all blogging purposes, Bee.

I'm completely interested in all things health, nutrition, or fitness related. I earned my BS from the University of Illinois with a degree in Food Science and Human Nutrition, and am currently working to become a Registered Dietitian by completing my dietetic internship at a hospital just outside of Chicago.

(Blah, blah, blah...) Basically, I know what I'm talking about, and if I don't, I'll know where to get the answer. [Future] Dietitian's Honor.

One cool aspect of nutrition is that recommendations and guidelines are always being formed based on results of new research. The downside to this is that it can be hard to stay "in the know." As if things weren't complicated enough, we are all bombarded daily with nutrition mis-information, "nutritionist" book authors, and diet fads running rampant in the media.

My purpose in this blog is to provide accurate, reliable information based on the facts, rather than the trends.

Besides my educational background, I also have experience as a full-time weight loss coach and certified Level I Raw Foods Chef.

I will be working as a nutrition editor and posting answers to questions for FOODPICKER.ORG, a website designed by nutrition professionals to help people with diabetes.

In addition, please send me your own nutrition questions- I will post the answers as soon as possible. Unless you ask me how to "be skinny," in which case, I will kindly not post an answer, and instead maybe post a picture of a bunny. Or a song from Spice Girls. Both would be just as effective as the elusive "How to Be Skinny" post.

Alright everybody. Godspeed! Send me those questions!

Peace, Love, and Veggies,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment