Monday, November 8, 2010

Less Legs for Lower Cholesterol


Don't get me wrong- when it comes to showing a lil' leg, I'm in. Sometimes my only motivation to get my booty to hot yoga is knowing that I will be able to do the entire thing sans pants, letting my gams run wild in the hot, sweaty room amidst a sea of other exposed thighs and calves...

Ahem. Anyways.

What the title is referring to is the legs on our food. When it comes to choosing foods with lower cholesterol content, the trick is to look for foods that are a little less leggy.

This trick applies to just about every animal out there:
  • Shrimp, Crab, Lobster: Multi-legged (is it bad I don't know how many?) Highest cholesterol
  • Beef, Pork, Dog (?): 4 legs. Higher cholesterol
  • Chicken, Turkey: 2 legs. Lower cholesterol
  • Fish: no legs. Lowest animal source of cholesterol!
  • Vegetarian, non-animal foods: no legs! Eat em' up!

Moral of the story: Evidently there is such thing as "Too much leg." But never in hot yoga.

Peace, Love, and Veggies,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment